Tuesday 31 January 2012

and today Postman Pat brought...





... a special delivery item from Smythson's no less. I have, for some time now, been impressed with the quality of Smythson's stationery. Yes it's a bit more expensive than my favourite of twenty-five years Three Candlesticks but I think that it's worth it. This is not my usual Kings size Bond Street blue either. This is the 10x8 inch cream writing paper so, for those in the know, this is quite a departure for me. So now I need to receive a letter so that I can respond with this new stationery. Question is, though, which ink to choose with the cream paper? Any suggestions?





I saw, recently, the gauntlet thrown down for writing a letter every day during the month of February. It is a short month, even though this is a leap year. I think I'm going to give it a go. During January I managed to send sixteen letters which is up on my average of eight to ten per month. I guess I'm going to have to find some additional people to write to this month. Here goes.....


We've just tried the brand new super exciting Tesco store that opened here a couple of weeks ago. What can I say? It's just a shop! I was impressed by the trolley sticking to the travelator though. Just as well as it's on quite a gradient for a loaded shopping trolley. It was our first supermarket shop with la voiture nouvelle. The boot of the Peugeot doesn't seem quite as big as that of the old Volvo. Saying that we had the floor in the middle position so the extra height might make the Peugeot as capacious as the Volvo was though the floor area is smaller. Swings and roundabouts I guess. The real test will come when we get the golf bats out when the better weather comes.

1 comment:

  1. I used to own a Peugeot 304 many years ago...to this day of all the cars I have ever owned it remains my favorite. There was so much interior space and if you ever had to crawl under it, (as I had an occasion to for roadside emergency repairs),there is enough clearance for a small army under there! The little Peugeot was like the EverReady Bunny... it just kept going and going and going... Elle
    www.artofaletter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete