Monday 12 December 2011

Today Postman Pat brought me.......





A letter from Deutsche Post about their letternet. Erm not sure this is working out for me. Has anybody else signed up to Letternet? Let me know how you get on.




I have been busy lately dealing with quite a pile of mail that came in from various places in the USA including a new snailer in Idaho. It's always a pleasure and never a chore but I do wish that Postman Pat could spread it out a little rather than delivering a fair number of letters on the same day. Pat, if you're reading this mate........


I had a bad experience recently with J. Herbin's Rouille d'ancre. Does that really mean rusty anchor? I found it to be a terrible colour. I'm so glad I didn't buy a whole bottle of it. By the same token I had previously disliked Larmes de Cassis but a correspondent used it and it looked great. So I have tried it out in the Wrcester Sentinel and it looks just dandy.


A friend was posting on Facebook earlier about books. I mean literature type books not cheap station bookstall type books. But she omitted science fiction and Jerome K. Jerome. How remiss of her. I set the record straight and suggested First Men in the Moon and Journey to the Centre of the Earth as well as Three Men in a Boat and Three Men on a Bummel. Actually I ought to re-read all four of those books as it's been a while. Also worth a mention, of course, is Peter Graham's magnificent work based on the novel by M. Verne. The banders out there know what I mean.





No comments:

Post a Comment