Saturday 24 December 2011

Christmas Eve

Postman pat has certainly been a busy boy this week. He managed to bring the Ernest Hemingway book that I ordered from Amazon. That's another couple of pence for Silk Brass through easyfundraising.org.uk . He also brought more Christmas cards and two letters from new snail-mail pals in France and California.

I've also been busy on the letter writing front in the run-up to Christmas. I guess that they won't all have arrived by today, but I guess that doesn't really matter.

I'm also waiting to hear from a friend in Oregon to hear if she bought the pen that she had her eye on. Time will tell, I guess.

Last Saturday was the final concert of the year with Silk Brass. For the first time in almost thirty years I stood up and played a solo. It was Rodney Newton's arrangement of "In the bleak midwinter". It was quite a daunting experience after so many years of not doing it. I guess it went OK , anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment